Tuesday 18 January 2011

It begins...In 5 days.

Oh look, it's a blog. Well it's not just any blog, it's Clarky's blog. Clarky is a cool guy so you should probably read it. If you don't, I suggest you read Bukowski instead, he's a cool guy too. Anyway, I want to try and make this as interesting as possible, so I'll keep the bullshit to a minimum and post as much interesting stuff as I can. I guess these first few entries (before I actually leave England) will be the most boring, so bear with me. I'm likely to get arrested, bashed or get lost at some point during my travels(history usually repeats) so the details will be posted here. Throughout my travels I will also be making it my personal duty to find the fabled Honey Badger. It has become somewhat of an obsession of mine (and others who will remain anonymous.)

THE SEARCH FOR THE HONEY BADGER


The search begins: Can it be located????

If you don't already know, I'm travelling to Canada, the USA and then to India over the next three months. I'll also be spending some time in Thailand, but whether I'll be motivated enough to keep posting by then is as much of a doubt as Wayne Rooney's current goal scoring form. The reason for the blog is because so much memorable stuff happened in my previous travels that I haven't kept any memento for it.

QUICK BACKGROUND

As most of you know, I've been living in Manchester the past 6 months of my life. Manchester; the land of grey, grey concrete, lots of beer and I think I once saw a blimp. Well, Manchester has been good to me and I've made plenty of new mates. Having to tell them that I am leaving was harder than telling my Australian friends 12 months ago, as I know I probably won't see many of them ever again. If being good blokes was a sport, England would actually be good at something. (Cue: BUT WE WON DA ASHES HURR DURR) 

ANYWAY, Friday is my last day at my job at Blemain Finance. The lovely lads and ladettes of the workplace have committed themselves for a solid night of drinking and singing. A sneak peak at the track list for the night which includes:

  • Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill/ Don't Give Up
  • John Farnham - You're the Voice
  • Wings - Band on the Run
*Photos of horrendous singing and drunken group photos of blokes shoulder shoulder bleary eyed to ensue*

Bit of a stinker of a first entry, but if I can stay motivated to keep posting, unlike Manchester's weather it can't get any worse.

I should probably get back to packing...





No comments:

Post a Comment